Install and configure the TAPI driver
- Download the TAPI driver from Compass: https://www.demo.iperity.com/media/download/hosted-tapi–19.exe
- Install the TAPI driver
- Go to Control Panel, Phone and Modem Options -> advanced tab and add the Tapi driver
- Set the driver as follows:
- User: [compass username] @ demo.iperity.com (eg email@example.com). So without uc. as subdomain
- Password: [your compass password]
Then click on Check:
1. When set correctly the TAPI says “State Connected”2. When the TAPI says “State Error” the username or password is incorrect; contact your dealer.
Customize the Outlook ribbon
- Go to File and then Options
- Go to Adjust Ribbon
- Create under the contacts start menu, a new group and name it ‘call’
- Add a new command button in this group. (this command is available under commands that are not on the ribbon)
- Click OK
- Under contacts you now have a large call button. You can click on it if you have selected a contactcard.
- If the phones does not ring, click Choose>Dialoptions.
- At the bottom of an option window “Connecting line” is visble. Choose from the menu choice "TAPI”.
- Click OK and try again
Credits: Thijs Boin (thijsboin.nl)