Twinning is the ringing of multiple phones (from one user) at once. For example a fixed desk phone and a mobile phone. Below step by step instructions how to use this in Compass.
- Create a 2nd identity for a user. In the user settings, click on “Add Identity”
- The 2nd identity must send an outbound number. Select the outgoing number in the dropdown menu.
- Create a new queue and select the 1st and 2nd identity from that user as queue members.
- Tick the checkbox with the 2nd identity, ‘follow call forward’
- Go to user settings of that user and fill in their mobile number in call forward ‘always’.
Once the queue is called identity 1 and 2 will ring. Identity 2 is directly forwarded to a mobile number. Make sure the queue ring time is set correctly, as a forward usually takes 5–7 seconds until the phone rings.