The Compass Call Park implementation
To use call park, administrators need to setup a few things.
- Create a queue with the name 'On Hold' with the following settings:
- Possibility to connect to queue: Always.
- Stay connected to queue: Always.
- Elapsed ring time in queue: 5 (5 seconds)
- Add a queue shortcode (for example 333).
- Create an internal number (for example 3001) and add the On Hold queue you just created to the dial plan.
- Add a speeddial to all phones to log in to the On Hold queue.
This can be done manually or via provisioning. The speeddial number is *48*333#, where *48 is the special function to log in to a queue, and 333 is the queue shortcode.
How to park the call
- While in a conversation you want to park, do an unattended transfer to the internal number with the On Hold queue. In this example: extension 3001.
- Now hang up – the caller will be left on hold in the On Hold queue you forwarded the call to.
- You now have the freedom to switch to another phone if needed.
- When you are ready to pick up the waiting call again, use speeddial to become a member of the On Hold queue, or dial *48*333 manually.
- The waiting call will be offered to you after a maximum of 5 seconds.
- After you hang up, use the speeddial again to log out of the queue.